Tuesday, September 29, 2009

weekend

Someone make plans for me. Please. Or give me suggestions. Because for the first time aaages I'm not working Friday or Saturday night. Now Friday I have lovely cultural plans ie. I'm going to a Midsummer Night's Dream.

However; Saturday. It stands wide open. Preferably Saturday night, so I can wear nice clothes. That'd be great tbh, because my school jumper is wayy to big and I feel horribly dowdy in it, so a chance to wear nice clothes would be more than welcome.

UCC Open Day next Saturday, get to check what will hopefully be my home from home starting from next year. Fingers crossed. English and Irish through 'Orts. Maybe something like Celtic Civilization or Greek and Roman studies through in there for the heck of it in First Year. Sigh, what a dream, being surrounded by English and Irish every week day.

Why is school forcing CAO choice on me? A talk from the WIT Business school? Pfft no interest. I'd much rather go to my scheduled religion class and continue watching Wako and identifying all the people in it from Desperate Housewives. I have and never will have any intention of going to the WIT, unless something terrible happens like my dad loses his job. And even then, I wouldn't do Business. I have the most unbusiness like mind. The only thrill it could possibly give is from organisation. I do like organisation.

I will never want to do science or any kind either, hence why I gave it up after the big JC. I won't be a doctor, not of medicine anyway. So in future, unless your open wound is spewing the complete literary works of James Joyce, I am of no use.
Yes I am a crazy nerd, I have the glasses and all, though they are not as huge as I would like them to be. I really enjoy Irish, I truly do. Yet I feel I am one of very few

I could change that. I really could. I could make people want to learn Irish. Couldn't I?

I wish people would stop trying to discourage me from teaching, yes I know there's no jobs AT THE MOMENT. But think five years down the line. And if the worst comes to the worst, I'll just do grinds. Fifty euro an hour for an Irish grind? I'll have it made.

I regret eating so many buns today. But they were just so delicious, taunting me with their luscious icing and cherries my mam cuts in the shape of hearts. Curse them.

I'm uploading videos to my iPod atm for the first time ever. I'm not sure how well it's going to work out because though my iPod is yellow and lovely, it's screen is rather small.

Recently I've found myself trying to justify my over use of the word 'lovely'. But I find it such a perfect description for the kind of things I like, tea pots and florals and pandas.

Once again my feelings have been summed up by a post reject;

cmnt

2 comments:

  1. saturday plans: session at drohan's. get your man friend to bring you. no excuses.

    lovely blog. x

    ReplyDelete