Monday, September 7, 2009

pondering

So, today in religion class, we had to write down our 'motto', something we believe in. So I came up with 'The greatest thing you'll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved in return'.

And that really got me thinking, what is love?

People say it all the time, yet rarely mean it, we're all guilty of it, myself included. Like, I say I LOVE my new scarf. But I don't, not really.

Why do people throw it around like it's nothing? Because it isn't. Love is the furthest from nothing anything could possibly be. Love is everything. Everything.

From today on, I vow, I shall use 'love' only it's in true context. I'll try anyway, because manners of speech are tough habits to break.

But, on the other hand, it's not said enough. Often people leave it too late to tell someone they love them. I will not let that happen to me.

People deserve to know they're cared about, loved. Because you'd want to hear it wouldn't you?

How do people even know when they're in love? How do I know? It's just a feeling that comes over time. You don't wake up two months into a relationship and decide you're in love with someone. It just . . happens. And when it does, it's the greatest feeling in the world. And to have it returned?

I am a true romantic at heart. Always.

I'm sorry for going off on a philosophical rant, but it had to be said, in my opinion.

On a more light handed note, 500 Days of Summer is out tomorrow I think xD Must go and see that, The Gube in a film that's actually in the cinema? Shock horror. There's quite a lot of good films coming soon, Avatar, Dorian Gray, Holmes. All my cups of tea.

I had another crazy dream last night. Where I lived in this old dingy house that kinda reminded of a hospital with this man, who loved beans, and at tins and tins of beans every single day. But he was a serial killer. I only very vaguely remember it, it wasn't a nice dream anyway.

I know it's ages away, but I can't wait for Halloween! I'm quite the fan of Halloween.

I'm not really feeling my new layout, but I couldn't find a floral background ANYWHERE. No matter how many different things I searched in google. Anyone have any ideas? No?

Commentcomment.


2 comments:

  1. Backgrounds you might like:

    One.
    Two.
    Three.
    Four.
    Five.

    Bon apetit!

    The love thing. It's nice. (:

    Soo cannot wait to see that 500 Days of Summer film. :') Looks beautiful.

    Woop. Loverly blog altogether, btw. & I quite like your layout as it stands really. (: x

    ReplyDelete
  2. you hero
    it took me like an hour to figure out how to actually put it as a background image :P

    ReplyDelete