Sunday, October 4, 2009

I got soul but I'm not a soldier

I'm going to stop calling my Sunday blogs 'weekend', because it's not very creative or inventive. Probably because I'm not very creative or inventive when it comes to small things like titles. If I ever get around to writing a book, I'll have to get the publisher to name it for me.

I'm rather annoyed at my laptop atm, because I have to beat the keys to get them to work. So please excuse any minor typos.

My Sundays usually involve me watching Film 4, however they disappointed today. They've had a string of great films the last few Sundays but alas, today was 'The Parent Trap' in the mid afternoon. And I've seen that far too many times. So I instead have watched hair tutorials on youtube, which is fun. I guess.

Can you get a tan from a desk lamp? Because my left arm is looking slightly darker today.

I really like my new red coat, I'm so delighted that it's started to get colder, because soon I'll be able to wear all my lovely floppy hats and not look a crazy.

I'd like to go to a good concert soon. But most of the bands I like are dead, or charge seventy euro for a ticket. And that's all well and good for he folk in the Big Smoke, but return bus tickets don't come cheap. God, I can't wait for student discounts. I'll be rubbing my student card in the cinema's face this time next year.

I'm excited now that I've finally booked a hair cut, I'm in desperate need of one. I want a change, though not a massive one. So a straight fringe it is for me, a la Zooey Deschanel, now that my hair has finally grown out a little. My life was so easy when my hair was really short, it was so easy to manage.

But longer hair makes me feel all pretty and girly.

Observation from Saturday; Are emos being created younger? Because I swear the boy with the floppy fringe and All Time Low t-shirt could not have been older than eleven. If I could got back in time to my fourteen year old self, I would point and laugh. And remind myself that all your clothes don't have to be black.

Times change. For the better. Though I guess if I hadn't gone through my grungey phase would I be who I am now? I think not.

This was a nice weekend. Cuddly and warm.

Comment.

1 comment:

  1. agreed @ film4.

    that grungey phase is what led us to be friends, that and a shared love of QAF (:
    x

    ReplyDelete