Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Philosophical Ramblings.

So I'm a bit sick of this 30 Day thing already so I'mma give it a rest for a while and just ramble about the last few days. People seemed to like that.

So over the last week there has been ups and downs. Extreme highs and extreme lows. No, not that kind, none of them drug induced I can assure you.

I've had a taste of the summer I have sprawling before me, of parties and memories and photos and love.

Don't be afraid of change, embrace it.



One thing I have realised is that life is short, you have to make the most of it before you wake up one morning and realise you've lived for seventy years and have nothing to show for it but regrets. I want no regrets. I want to achieve greatness, not necessarily in an obvious way, but in a way that means everything to me. Maybe I'll be a great mam, a great wife, a great painter, a great writer, a great cake baker, a great dresser, a great teacher, a great bird watcher. Who knows, I certainly don't at this point in my life.

More than anything, I want to be great at being me. I want to always be true to myself and to others. I want to dance on the beach at night, I want to pick flowers in the spring, I want to have friends I've loved all my life, who know me better than I know myself. I want to change the world, even if the world means one person. I want to travel, discover. I want to write books, even if they're never read by anyone but myself. More than anything, I want to be happy, but never at the expense of someone I love.

1 comment:

  1. I loved this post, it's so true and sometimes you just need to remember this!
    Jaymie

    http://jaymieocallaghan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete