Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 02 → Your favourite movie.

This is pretty easy because I don't watch many movies, which narrows down my choices. My favourite movie is The Notebook, simply because it's a beautiful story.

It's the perfect mix of sweetness, humor, heartbreak and above all, love.
Is it arrogant for me to say I see myself in such a perfect story? Maybe that's the point of the movie, that people can identify with it. Coupled with the clothes, the hair, the dream house, the sweeping music and that scene when Ryan Gosling is fixing the roof, well it's just perfect.

We watched it in religion class towards the end of the year when we were studying relationships and Ms Doherty described it as 'an ideal love story' and I couldn't agree more. The message of the film, that love can overcome any obstacle, even death, is wonderfully uplifting.


I haven't the novel that the movie is based on, because I'm afraid it will make me think less of the film.

1 comment:

  1. I just love the theme of your post, it makes me happy, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete