Friday, December 25, 2009

A Merry Little Christmas

In evading the inevitable mushroom cloud of cigar smoke that accompanies Christmas in a house full of smokers I had the lovely experience of finding a present I hadn't opened. It turned out to be slipper socks and a hair set, which was nice (:

So glad I didn't head to town last night, I hear it was the usual Stephen's night, too busy and full of knacks. Instead a few bottles down 'the local' was just perfect. So much for 'we stop serving at half eleven' when it's two o' clock.

Then up relatively early this morning to hit the sales which were a massive disappointment. All I got was two shirt dresses and an admittedly lovely handbag. River Island was little over sized sunglasses and Ugg boots at dawn. Madness. I'm regretting not buying the shiny black leggings, they might have made a nice contrast with florals. But alas, they are a dime a dozen any time of the year.

New Year's Eve, anyone have plans somewhere a little less far reaching than Dunmore East? Because a combination of having no where to stay, work until at least eleven and no lift out means I will more than likely be ringing in 2010 with Reeling In The Years.

I'll be attending a dinner party on Monday chez Cliodhna, how very grown up.

Resolution time is fast approaching as per usual I will make many and keep none.

No comments:

Post a Comment