Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Positivity

This is a positive blog. It's url address alone should tell you that. Though every day isn't a sunny day, my days are usually filled with smiles. And it's not always me who does the smiling. Why shouldn't I be positive? I have a good life, full of positive influences. Not saying everything is constantly hunky dory because it isn't, but things are nice. Some people can blog depressed, but I never could. I am not a spill my feelings to the world person, I'm bottle it up then have a good cry person. Which is a little self destructive, but works for me.

I'm liking the current weather, it's fresh, rejuvenating. A clear, cold, dry day can be just what the doctor ordered. 'Healthy air' as Breffni's mam would say. I feel better as I breathe it, cleansed. Though sadly, like all good things, it must come to an end. But it'll be back.

I am so glad of Tuesday evenings, tea, yoga and a break from study. It just breaks the routine y'know? Because half eight to six every single day is hard. And it wears on me, but "Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion" is a good motto I think to apply to the leaving cert. Because anything worth having is worth working hard for.

To the people who keep telling me college Irish is hard, I know it's going to be hard. Do you honestly think I just decided on it on a whim? I have looked in to it, I know what it will entail.

I'm looking forward to seeing 'the roomies' on Saturday, nice to catch up, reminisce about the three weeks we spent in each other's constant company, and without a single argument. Impossible is nothing eh? Golly, I'm making quite a lot of Mohammad Ali references in this blog.

Though I adore winter, one thing I don't like about it is cold feet, hands and nose. I must have terrible circulation because my extremities are always have frozen from November to March. But it gives me an excuse to wear woolly scarves and hats and mittens, and I am now on a mission to find ear muffs. Any chance anyone saw them in Penney's?

Are people afraid to be happy? Do they think it will make them seem arrogant or condescending to those who don't have everything going just right for them?

Never forget that you are loveable and capable. And never forget that you're alive.




3 comments:

  1. "I'm liking the current weather, it's fresh, rejuvenating."

    This is bitterly cold and miserable, not rejuvenating :L

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love how cheery you are (:
    very uplifting x

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw cute earmuffs in new look. & i think debenhams have 'em too. they did last year anyway.

    i like winter air too. (:

    & that picture at the bottom is really lovely.

    x

    ReplyDelete