Sunday, August 30, 2009

Bluegrass

Oh gosh, it was such good fun!

I really enjoyed it. Best of all was I wore a floral playsuit, and it did not look horrendous. It was surprisingly flattering. Not so good was ripping my fabulous mustard yellow tights that I have litterally been looking for for like months. Grrrrrr. Not impressed.

I also made a name for myself as a matchmaker, and set up two couples. Go me! The other two managed to find boys all on their own. So happy happy fun time for them. Of course, the down side to this was I was left sitting there like a plank while they all ate the face of each other. My plan slightly backfired.

But all was not lost, because I happened to be sitting next to a very nice family from Dublin. And I talked to the mammy for well over an hour, about dogs, Ikea and the Northside. So I enjoyed myself there! And then Jess and I went for chips, and I have never been served so fast in a chipper. Though they were spreading the batter for the sausages fairly thin, bit yucky.

Then this morning it was off to Dunmore beach for a swim for Jess and I. The othersdid not join, they observed. Lol. After much screaming and jumping we finally got up to shoulder height in the water, and swam a good bit, worked off all the chips.

Then Amy and I made a fry, it was lovely. The dog enjoyed eating all the sausages I let fall behind the cooker.

My God this is a boring post, I'm not even giving any opinions. I'm just recounting my evening. Sorry guys.

Oh! Big news! The mugs that Amy and I painted when we were in Galway came today! They're looking mighty fine. I look forward to my after inner cup of tea out of it.

Back to scoil tmw. Meet the new Irish teacher, not looking forward to that. Seriously. I mean, it's so typical that I finally get a really brilliant teacher and she decides to go back to college for herself.


Also, Inglorious Basterds, what a film. Easily my favourite Tarantino film so far. Though I felt the soundtrack was a little random, and didn't always fit the scene. That scene in the bar was fantastic, it was so long and drawn out yet held my interest. It was a little gruesome, but it's Tarantino, what do you expect in all fairness?



I adore strawberries.

Commentcomment.

x

1 comment: